[Campaign-news] New k-centers

Kai Kohlhoff kohlhoff at stanford.edu
Thu Feb 11 14:34:58 PST 2010

[Resending because of size restriction for messages to the list, sorry if you get this three times]

Hi Bill (and Marc),

You are right, we should probably agree on some default directory for the includes (I think neither mine nor Marc's is) and provide the Makefile correspondingly.

The file should of course not be hardcoded in the final release, in fact I don't think that the main() should be provided.  kcenterGPU.cu can be included like a header file in users' projects, which of course makes sense for a library.  I think we should later move the main into a separate file as one example on how to use the library.  If you prefer providing a file name on the command line, please go ahead and make any changes you like.

I will look into that error; it seems that I need to do some more testing for higher dimensional data.

Profiling works fine for me.  I am developing on our Tesla cluster, but have just tested the profiler on my MacBook Pro.  Did you start the profiler from within a Terminal window?  It needs to have the correct PATH variables loaded, so just double clicking the program icon does not work.

- Kai