[Campaign-news] Repository Up, and Timer Object Available

Marc Sosnick marcsosnick at mac.com
Tue Jan 5 14:34:53 PST 2010

Sorry, should have replied to the news thread...

Kai:

Once you checkout, you no longer need to worry about --username, etc.,
it is stored in the repository metadata.  So, to start, you'd find a
directory you'd like to install the repository, and do the svn
checkout --username developername https://simtk.org/svn/campaign.
This will setup the directory structure and download the files.  Then,
if you modify something, you then type "svn commit" from within the
svn'd directory to commit your change.  Checkout is sort of the first
step, like checking a book out of the library before you read it at
home.

One other thing that you might want to look at.  The Makefile in the
kcentersGPU1D directory might need to have paths changed depending on
where you've installed your CUDA SDK.  The good thing is, however,
that this makefile allows you to plant the repository anywhere you
wish on your system.

Also, please note that I have not fundamentally changed anything in
either of the kcenters directories, other than paring down unused
files to the old subdirectory.  I'm going to see if we can't get away
with keeping the individual project areas as a flat directory instead
of having the even deeper directory structure, which can be painful to
use and difficult to maintain.

The next thing that will be going up is the smoke test, which I
already have working.  I wanted to get this early code into the
repository so that we'd have a base to return to before we start
heavier code modification.

This is all a work in progress right now, so feel free to email me
with any questions; they help me as much as they do you (assuming I'm
helping!)

Marc