[Feature-dev] Re: FEATURE Test Failures

Trevor Blackstone tblackstone at gmail.com
Tue Nov 17 18:50:33 PST 2009

Updated my working copy, ran 'make clean' in tests/ directory. Still
getting failed smoke-tests so I don't think the testout files were
dirty.  Here's the steps to reproduce the errors I see (starting from a
clean environment):

$ svn checkout --username <name> -r <revision>
https://simtk.org/svn/feature/trunk
$ cd trunk
$ aclocal
$ automake
$ autoconf
$ ./configure
$ make test
Here I get failed tests/smoke/trypsin-ser-og-positive.t and
tests/smoke/trypsin-ser-og-negative.t, so I break before the files are
cleaned up
Running a diff or awk shows the .ff files are not identical on certain
vector entries. E.g. for entry 34:
$ awk < test/testout/trypsin_ser_og.pos.ff '{ print $35 }'
shows all zeroes, while
$ awk < test/hits/trypsin_ser_og.pos.ff '{ print $35 }'
gives different integers.

Worst case scenario is that featurize has not been producing output
according to the r418 standard for some time (since r550 or possibly
earlier). I'd just like a second opinion, or maybe someone can post
their current r588 featurize output (e.g.
test/testout/trypsin_ser_og.pos.ff) for comparison.

Trevor