[Mist-support] Setting the seed for transition probabilities

Jacob Barhak jacob.barhak at gmail.com
Tue Apr 26 20:25:31 PDT 2016

Hi Everett,

The simple way is to set the RandomSeed system parameter to a number such
as 1 or 2.

You can do this in the parameters form from the main screen.

If you want an example, try looking at this parameter at your file and
compare it to the parameter at the following file:
https://github.com/Jacob-Barhak/SharingDiseaseModels/blob/master/Example1.zip

There are other ways to handle reproducibility of simulations, even if the
random seed was not set during simulation, yet those are more complicated.
If the simple way works for you, I suggest you use it.

Hopefully this resolution is sufficient for your needs.

            Jacob