[Opensim-announcement] Webinar on Shoulder Modeling, Pilot Projects, Visiting Scholars Selected, and More

Announcements of OpenSim releases and updates opensim-announcement at simtk.org
Thu Jun 2 08:24:02 PDT 2016

*Participate in Our Next Webinar: A Novel Scapulothoracic Joint Model*
*Thursday, June 9, 2016 at 9:30am. Pacific Daylight Time*Ajay Seth
(Stanford University) and Ricardo Matias (University of Lisbon) will
describe the development and validation of a new scapulothoracic joint
model and show how it can be used to examine shoulder motions during
activities of daily living. Read more and register
<http://web.stanford.edu/group/opensim/support/event_details.html?id=159>.

*Apply for an OpenSim Pilot Project Grant up to $40,000*

*Applications Due July 20, 2016*
The National Center for Simulation in Rehabilitation Research (NCSRR) and
OpenSim project at Stanford seek proposals for our pilot project program.
The program awards seed grants to innovative and meritorious projects that
will accelerate the use of simulation in rehabilitation research.
Pilot project awardees
may request funding (up to $40,000) for their research. Find m
<http://opensim.stanford.edu/support/pilot.html>ore information and the
application packet <http://opensim.stanford.edu/support/pilot.html>.

*Congratulations to the 2016 NCSRR Visiting Scholars*
The NCSRR will host its fifth group of Visiting Scholars this summer. We
selected four exceptional candidates from a large and highly competitive
pool of applicants based on their outstanding scientific potential, strong
computational skills, and past contributions in modeling and simulation. The
2016 Scholars include Xiao Hu, Brad Humphreys, Colin Smith, and Ju Zhang. Read
more about the scholars and their projects here
<http://www.stanford.edu/group/opensim/support/scholars.html#2016Scholars>.

*Inaugural Virtual OpenSim Workshop a Success*
Over 30 international researchers participated in our first Virtual
Workshop, coming together over two weeks to share their expertise,
successes, and challenges using OpenSim for research. Virtual poster
presentations afforded participants the opportunity to show off their
research and discuss shared challenges in modeling and simulation. Using
video conferencing, participants discussed their projects with the OpenSim
team--getting advice on how to use software tools to address their research
questions. A specialized forum served as a gathering place to ask questions
and have discussions about approaches to difficult problems. We look
forward to having additional virtual events in the future, and we hope many
more of you will be able to participate. Read more on the workshop wiki
<http://simtk-confluence.stanford.edu:8080/display/OpenSim/Virtual+Workshop+April+2016>
.

--
*Jennifer Hicks, Ph.D.*