[Opensim-announcement] Webinar on Energy Expenditure from Wearables, Virtual Office Hours, and more

Joy P. Ku joyku at stanford.edu
Mon Apr 25 09:58:24 PDT 2022

Webinar - Estimating Energy Expenditure During Exercise Using Wearable Sensors

Wednesday, May 4, 2022 at 9am PDT

We are pleased to announce our upcoming webinar with Patrick Slade from Stanford University. He will present an overview of an algorithm that can provide real-time estimates of energy expenditure during common steady-state and time-varying activities with substantially lower error than state-of-the-art methods. In the second part of the webinar, Dr. Slade will guide participants through a hands-on tutorial on applying the algorithm to data acquired from inertial measurement units (IMUs). Register now<https://stanford.zoom.us/webinar/register/WN_iJPURPqdSAWX536SVu-DOQ> | Read publication<https://www.nature.com/articles/s41467-021-24173-x>

Apply to Participate in Virtual Office Hours for Biomechanical Modeling or Machine Learning Research Questions
Deadline: April 29, 2022, 5 PM local time

We are pleased to announce we will be holding Virtual Office Hours on May 16-20, 2022, to support researchers working with wearable sensors, video technology, and other modalities in rehabilitation research. We will have two tracks: 1) Biomechanical modeling with OpenSim<https://opensim.stanford.edu/> and IMUs<https://simtk-confluence.stanford.edu/display/OpenSim/OpenSense+-+Kinematics+with+IMU+Data> or video, and 2) Machine learning, including video analysis. All phases of a research project are supported, such as formulating a research question, choosing and planning appropriate methods, and addressing issues with carrying out the study. We welcome and encourage individuals to apply as a team, if relevant. Learn more and apply<https://restore.stanford.edu/2022/04/06/apply-to-participate-in-virtual-office-hours-for-biomechanical-modeling-or-machine-learning-research-questions-5/>

Seeking Collaborations to Drive Development of OpenSense, OpenSim Moco, and Other Tools

The development of OpenSim, OpenSense (for analyzing movement with inertial measurement units or IMUs), OpenSim Moco (for solving optimization problems), and several of our other computational models and tools<https://mobilize.stanford.edu/software/> is supported in part by the Mobilize Center<https://mobilize.stanford.edu>. Collaborative projects (CPs) drive the development of the Center's efforts. They help us define the specifications for tools to address their needs, and they serve as beta testers to refine and harden the tools we develop and share. If you have a project that could benefit from the Mobilize Center's technology and are interested in being a CP, fill out this form<https://docs.google.com/forms/d/1emhfvC1zRPHZZPFEo4KuBvgnL_DX62OTLsC0xMoENyQ/edit>. Learn more<https://mobilize.stanford.edu/collaborative-projects/>

MR3 Network 2nd Annual Scientific Retreat - Rehabilitation Clinical Trials: Innovations, Designs, and Tribulations
Deadline: June 1, 2022

The Medical Rehabilitation Research Resource (MR3) Network<https://ncmrr.org/>, which includes our NIH-funded Restore Center<https://restore.stanford.edu/>, is pleased to announce its 2nd scientific retreat. The goal of the retreat is to learn more about novel research design, technology development, and implementation practice/policy for rehabilitation clinical trials. Abstracts are now being accepted for 15-minute presentations at the retreat. Submit an abstract<https://ncmrr.org/education-training/2022-retreat/call-for-abstracts>

SCONE 2.0 is Released

SCONE 2.0 has been released by Thomas Geijtenbeek from TU Delft. SCONE is open source software for performing predictive simulations of human and animal motion. It provides an intuitive GUI to easily set up optimization scenarios and analyze results through 3D visualization and data plots. SCONE 2.0 adds support for OpenSim 4.3 models, as well as support for a new high-speed simulator that dramatically reduces optimization time. Read more about SCONE 2.0<https://simtk.org/plugins/simtk_news/news_details.php?flag=3&group_id=1180&id=443> | Download SCONE<https://urldefense.proofpoint.com/v2/url?u=https-3A__simtk.org_projects_scone&d=DwMFAg&c=XYzUhXBD2cD-CornpT4QE19xOJBbRy-TBPLK0X9U2o8&r=aCLXEJeKYCYPMD-xf1xisgXf7LPFBKnHbHw4zCRed1Q&m=8ezsDz5arqJDHskll8ZXRwAfnJNYD4GXAK_TD5iTQTs&s=L47xSYhbwxMfXWKwhkOlXYACbRkrW611c0S5zF__MYM&e=>

--
Joy P. Ku, PhD
Deputy Director | Wu Tsai Human Performance Alliance at Stanford<https://humanperformance.stanford.edu/>

650.736.8434 | joyku at stanford.edu