[moco-announce] Release 0.2.0

Christopher Dembia dembia at stanford.edu
Tue Dec 17 18:05:39 PST 2019

We are glad to announce the second release of Moco, version 0.2.0.

This release contains a MATLAB version of Moco’s 2D predictive simulation of walking, contributed by Brian Umberger, and examples in MATLAB, Python, and C++ for using the MocoInverse tool. Lastly, we added examples for creating a custom goal in C++; see exampleSlidingMassAdvanced.cpp and exampleMocoCustomEffortGoal.

To easily plot a solution in MATLAB, we introduced the osimMocoTrajectoryReport.m utility.

We updated the versions of Simbody and OpenSim that we bundle with Moco. As a result, this release contains a fix for the simbody-visualizer for macOS Catalina, and contains OpenSim’s support for IMUs.

See the blog post about this release for more information: https://opensim-org.github.io/opensim-moco-site/blog/2019/12/17/release-0.2.0/ <https://opensim-org.github.io/opensim-moco-site/blog/2019/12/17/release-0.2.0/>

Happy holidays,
The Moco team