[Opensim-testers] Release candidate for OpenSim 2.0.2 is available

Ayman Habib ahabib at stanford.edu
Sat Apr 10 23:47:48 PDT 2010

Dear All,

A release candidate of OpenSim 2.0.2. has been placed on the downloads page of OpenSim under the package name "OpenSim Release Betas", please give it a spin and send your findings to this list. As of now the release is only available on Windows (and built with VisualStudio 8 Professional ). Both linux and MAC builds of the OpenSim libraries will be available early next week. For specific testing activities, I created a list of tasks, available at

https://simtk.org/pm/task.php?group_project_id=935&group_id=91&func=browse

Feel free to pick any subset of these and let us know so that the effort is not duplicated. Just installing the application, and trying the APIExample, plugin or trying to continue your regular use of OpenSim and reporting any issues would be a great help.

The release contains primarily bug fixes and a couple minor changes to the GUI.

Thanks all for your time & welcome to the team. I sure look forward to your feedback.

-Ayman
On behalf of the OpenSim team