[Opensimws_apr10-news] Software for the upcoming OpenSim workshop

Ayman Habib ahabib at stanford.edu
Fri Apr 23 14:45:13 PDT 2010

Dear OpenSim Advanced Users Workshop participants-

We look forward to having you over for the workshop next week.

In preparation for this, a release of OpenSim (2.0.2) has been posted on the OpenSim project page at https://simtk.org/project/xml/downloads.xml?group_id=91.
Please download it and install it on the computer that you plan to bring to the workshop, and let us know of any problems (trying the first  tutorial should give you a good indication) .

If your project includes writing some code that uses the OpenSim API (per discussion with Ajay) then you should also try testing if you can use the distributed libraries to compile/run an executable by:
1. Testing your installation as described in section 1.3 of the Developers' Guide.
2. Completing the Exercises in Chapter 2 (up to Exercise 8) of the Developers' Guide (a version of the code is already provided).
Getting the correct libraries that work with your development environment is a key to your success in using the OpenSim API so please take the time to check that as early as you can and report problems so that we can troubleshoot them.  In any case, please report your development environment (OS, MSVC version) and results to the mailing list opensimws_apr10-news at simtk.org

Best regards,
Ayman (on behalf of the OpenSim Team)