[Population Modeling] Soliciting contributions for a population modeling paper

Jacob Barhak jacob.barhak at gmail.com
Thu Dec 11 04:19:10 PST 2014

Thanks to Olaf and Sergey for contributing,

I encourage others in the list to contribute, here is my own contribution
to the paper:

The Reference Model of disease progression predicts disease burden
including outcomes and costs in diabetic populations. It validates
combinations of disease models and hypotheses against clinical trial
results. Baseline populations from the trials are modeled from publicly
available statistics. Populations are generated using Monte Carlo
techniques. Population generation from public summary data avoids
restritictions associated with individual patient data, and therefore
allows access to more modeling data. The MIcro Simulation Tool (MIST) is
developed to support such population modeling capabilities. This free
software tool uses Evolutionary Computation and High Performance Computing.
MIST runs over the cloud!

J. Barhak, The Reference Model  for Disease Progression uses MIST to find
data fitness.  PyData Silicon Valley 2014:
Presentation: http://sites.google.com/site/jacobbarhak/home/PyData_S
V_2014_Upload_2014_05_02.pptx

Video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vyvxiljc5vA

Barhak, A. Garrett, Population Generation from
Statistics Using Genetic Algorithms with MIST +
INSPYRED. MODSIM World 2014, VA.
Paper:
http://sites.google.com/site/jacobbarhak/home/MODSIM2014_MIST_INSPYRED_Paper_Submit_2014_03_10.pdf
Presentation: