[Population Modeling] Sources of public medical data

Talitha Feenstra talitha.feenstra at rivm.nl
Fri Aug 14 04:37:08 PDT 2015

In addition, the following may also be of interest:

GESIS provides a large repository of mainly socioeconomic datasets, but some also include medical data, e.g. on lifestyle.

https://dbk.gesis.org/dbksearch/index.asp?db=e

Many of these are free and can be downloaded.

Another highly interesting dataset is the SHARE study (Survey of Health, Ageing and Retirement in Europe), with panel-data information from a large number of EU countries. The survey population is aged 50+.

http://www.share-project.org/

Regards, Talitha

TL Feenstra, PhD
health economist
RIVM, Centre for Nutrition, Prevention and Health Services Research
Po Box 1
3720 BA Bilthoven
*31 30 274 4387 (mon)
* 31 6 1186 87 60