[Population Modeling] first post

Marc Lavielle Marc.Lavielle at inria.fr
Mon Feb 16 03:39:41 PST 2015

Thank you for this invitation

I'm working for many years on the development of new methods and software
tools for population modelling.

I've been leading the development of the Monlix software which is widely
used for population pharmacometrics modelling. Monolix is free for teaching
and academic research
 http://lixoft.com/

I recently published the book "Mixed Effects Models for the Population
Approach: Models, Tasks, Methods and Tools"  (Chapman and Hall/CRC)
http://www.math.u-psud.fr/~lavielle/book.html

Still on the same topic, I produced some time ago a web animation
"Introduction to the population approach"  that you can use freely for
teaching
http://webpopix.com/movies/PopulationApproach.swf

I'm now working on mlxR, a R package for the simulation of (complex) models
for longitudinal data, including several levels of
variability/heterogeneity (residual errors, inter individual variability,
inter occasion variability, ...)
http://simulx.webpopix.org/

kind regards,
Marc

--

Mixed Effects Models for the Population Approach
<http://www.math.u-psud.fr/~lavielle/book.html>

*Marc Lavielle*
*Inria Saclay*

Tel: (33) 1 69 15 57 43