[Population Modeling] Hello

Roger Jelliffe jelliffe at usc.edu
Fri Feb 27 03:03:02 PST 2015

Dear Jacob:

         I tried to access your comments through your link, but the page could not be found. Our lab does population pharmacokinetic and dynamic modeling to describe drug behavior in people or animals, or in any other system. Our goal is optimally individualized drug therapy for optimal patient care. We use nonparametric approaches to this, which differ from the more common parametric approaches in that they are not constrained by any prior assumptions about the shape of the model parameter distributions, such as normal, lognormal, multimodal, etc. This approach thus provides the maximum  likelihood of the results given the data, unconstrained by any parametric assumptions. This approach also permits multiple model (MM) dosage design of maximally precise dosage regimens to hit a desired therapeutic target goal (serum concentration at a desired time, or a quantifiable effect, etc.) with minimum expected weighted squared error. This approach is now embedded in an R framework by Dr. Michael Neely, who is now the director of our lab. We also have software for clinical applications in many settings. Information is available at www.lapk.org<http://www.lapk.org>. I look forward to hearing more from you.

Very best regards,

Roger Jelliffe

Roger W. Jelliffe, M.D., F.C.P., F.A.A.C.P.
Professor of Medicine Emeritus,
Founder and Director Emeritus
Laboratory of Applied Pharmacokinetics
USC School of Medicine
Consultant in Infectious Diseases,
Children's Hospital of Los Angeles
4650 Sunset Blvd, MS 51
Los Angeles CA 90027
Office - 323-362-5046
Fax - 323-261-5045
Cell - 626-484-5313
jelliffe at usc.edu
www.lapk.org

Quantitative approaches
to optimally precise individualized drug therapy
are more loving and caring,
and more useful,
scientifically, medically and socially,
than all the memorized words
about categorized and classified experiences
can ever be!