[Population Modeling] Introduction of Nieko Punt (consultant at Medimatics)

Medimatics NET punt at medimatics.net
Fri Feb 27 02:40:02 PST 2015

Dear All,

Please let me introduce myself to the simtk group.

My name is Nieko Punt. I run a small consulting company dedicated to
bringing advanced population models into the clinic.

Biography	: http://www.medimatics.net/company.
LinkedIn	: https://nl.linkedin.com/in/ncpunt
Publications	: http://publicationslist.org/punt

Recently I was involved with the following projects:

Edsim++       : Visual PKPD modeling
(http://www.medimatics.net/projects/objsim)
MwPharm++     : Therapeutic Drug Management
(http://www.medimatics.net/projects/mwpharm)

Edsim++ is an object oriented visual pharmacokinetic pharmacodynamics
(PKPD) modeling tool that is used in research and education. One of the
unique feature of Edsim++ is it's programmability (C# language) at the
following levels:

-Programming at the low level PKPD API for building new (web) applications
-Programming new PKPD objects for visual (re)use in Edsim++
-Programming plugins for adding new functionality to the Edsim++ IDE

I am currently working on projects in which we expose PKPD-population
models as web services (using the Edsim++ PKPD engine), in order to
integrate this functionality into existing hospital information systems
for Bayesian dose calculations.

I invite all of you to download the Edsim++ trial version in order to give
it a try. Besides useful it is also fun!

Best regards,
Nieko.

Nieko Punt
Medimatics