[Population Modeling] Introduction

Aaron Garrett aaron.lee.garrett at gmail.com
Tue Jan 6 14:53:37 PST 2015

My name is Aaron Garrett. I am on the computer science faculty at
Jacksonville State University. I don't normally deal with population
modeling specifically. My focus is on computational intelligence,
particularly evolutionary computation in optimization. I created and
maintain a Python library for computational intelligence/evolutionary
computation called inspyred (https://pythonhosted.org/inspyred/overview.html
, https://github.com/aarongarrett/inspyred). The only population modeling
(if it can be considered such) that I have done has been simulating
evacuees from a structure when trying to optimize the egress locations for
safety and timeliness.

Muhdi, R., Garrett, A., Agarwal, R., Davis, J., Dozier, G., Umphress, D.
(2006). The application of evolutionary computation in evacuation planning.
Proceedings of IEEE Intelligent Transportation Systems Conference (pp.
600-605). IEEE.
http://inspired.jsu.edu/docs/Muhdi_et_al_ITSC2006.pdf

Aaron