[Population Modeling] Introduction

Sixten Borg sixten.borg at med.lu.se
Mon Mar 2 11:34:30 PST 2015

Hi all,

Someone suggested I might be interested in this SIG list, and from the looks of the archives it does seem interesting!

I am a Ph D student in health economics at Lund University, Sweden. I think one of my studies might fit into the context here. I have tried to model the disease activity in a heterogeneous patient population, by dividing it into more homogeneous subgroups. I have used a finite mixture model framework to identify subgroups and fit a disease activity model to each subgroup. The point being to use the fitted models to evaluate interventions using cost-effectiveness analysis. If it turns out well, it could indicate which intervention to use in a given subgroup. There is a working paper available to describe this work. http://swopec.hhs.se/lunewp/abs/lunewp2015_005.htm .

Kind regards,
Sixten