[Population Modeling] Our SpringSim presentation - action required from paper authors

Jacob Barhak jacob.barhak at gmail.com
Wed Mar 4 10:12:15 PST 2015

To all SpringSim paper Authors,

After paper submission, it is time to start building the presentation for
SpringSim. This was hinted before,  yet we need to act within a month.

So far, no one volunteered to present this in SpringSim, so I assume I will
have to represent all the authors. And again, I need help from all of you.

Can you please send me a presentation with a single slide representing the
work you described in the paper. To reduce traffic, do not send files to
the list, so please do not reply to this message. Instead, send a
PowerPoint file directly to me to jacob.barhak at gmail.com with the title
"SpringSim 2015 Slide"

In that presentation, use only a single slide using the following template:
https://simtk.org/docman/view.php/962/1893/PopModSlideTemplate_2015_03_04.pptx

Please send slides by 4-April. Yet try not to wait that long - it is only
one slide afterall. I will assemble the presentation and upload it for your
inspection afterwards.

Try to include only key elements of your work,  preferably in graphics. If
you have more than 50 words in the slide,  then it is too long. Better to
have a few pictures and even animation if possible. Remember, my ability to
present your slides is limited,  just stick to the very basics. There are
more than 20 of us, so each slide will have less than a minute to be
presented.

Please do not send any copyrighted/restricted material since we want the
slides to be under Creative Commons license so that other people in this
working group and outside it can reuse the material for lectures or other
academic activities. And if you must  acknowledge funding, please send
exact text in the same email outside the slide so I can assemble all of
these together at the end of the presentation.

By the way, you will find the most recent submitted version of the paper in:

https://simtk.org/docman/view.php/962/1892/PopModExample_Submit_2015_03_04.doc

I look forward to see your slides.

       Jacob