[Population Modeling] How about another collaborative review paper by group members?

Jacob Barhak jacob.barhak at gmail.com
Mon Apr 25 01:07:54 PDT 2016

Greetings to all collaborators,

Robert Smith? in a great demonstration of editing capability was able to
assemble the collaborative paper within one night, Believe me this is not
easy for considering there are 18 authors.

First, I suggest all collaborators thank him personally for his effort
here. There are 18 people in the paper and he knows much about what you do
- he visited your web pages for the paper so I suggest you repay him the
same gesture and learn what he does better so you can retell it to others -
just like he can tell about your work now.

Anyway, the paper was posted for SummerSim and I will handle its review -
if you have suggestions for reviewers, please send them via personal email
my way.

Meanwhile, before external reviewers, I suggest each one of the authors
listed below looks at the paper draft and checks his section for accuracy
including name spelling and affiliation - much text was changed to fit it
into one paper - so expect changes. Unless there is an error, I suggest you
request no changes until we get the reviews - unless it is extremely
important in which case be mindful of Robert's time. If there are errors -
please report those and they will be taken care of in the next revision
after external reviewers file their review.

Here is a link to the draft paper submitted:
https://simtk.org/docman/view.php/962/1957/SummerSim_2016_PopMod_Submit_2016_04_25_Robert_Smith.pdf

Here is the author list:

Robert Smith?, The University of Ottawa, Canada;
Aristides Moustakas, Queen Mary University of London, UK;
Romualdo Santos, Federal University of Sergipe Rosa Elze, Brazil;
Nieko Punt, Medimatics, The Netherlands;
Andreas Zeigler, University of Lubeck, Germany;
William Jusko, University at Buffalo, USA;
Matthias Chung, Virginia Tech, USA;
Sixten Borg, Lund University, Sweden;
M´elanie Prague, Harvard, USA;
Bruce Lee, University of Pittsburgh, USA;
Ayaz Hyder, Ohio State University, USA;
Carl Asche, University of Illinois, USA;
Robin Gras, University of Windsor, Canada;
Yifei Ma, Virginia Tech, USA;
Valery Forbes, University of Minnesota, USA;
Tracy Comans, Vanderbilt, USA;
Bishal Paudel, Vanderbilt, USA;
Lucas Brotz, University of British Columbia, Canada.

I really hope that some of you consider attending SummerSim.

Many thanks for all of those who participated and I hope to return with
reviews soon.

              Jacob