[Population Modeling] Collaborative paper

Tracy Comans t.comans at griffith.edu.au
Wed Mar 23 17:04:12 PDT 2016

Hi Jacob,

I have been on the list for sometime but haven't introduced myself.

I am a health economist and health services researcher. I am using
simulation modelling to solve difficult problems in the delivery of health
care services. My recent work involves using discrete event simulation to
model the most efficient way of providing hospital orthopaedic outpatient
services.

For the development of the model see:
http://link.springer.com/article/10.1007/s10198-015-0756-z

A further paper with results is currently under review.

This work was used to inform a service delivery change at a local hospital
and has since been extended to a larger health district with four
hospitals.

*Dr Tracy Comans*
Principal Research Fellow in Health Economics
Metro North Hospital  and Health Service District and
Menzies Health Institute Queensland, Griffith University
LO3, Logan Campus, University Drive, Meadowbrook 4131 | Phone +61 7 338
21152 | Mobile 0401 021 091 | Fax +61 7 338 21160| Email
t.comans at griffith.edu.au| Web  *http://www.healtheconomics.com.au/
<http://www.healtheconomics.com.au/>* |Research archive
http://www98.griffith.edu.au/dspace/browse?value=Comans%2C+Tracy&type=author

Cognitive Decline Partnership Centre <http://sydney.edu.au/medicine/cdpc/>