[Population Modeling] A panel from MDIC - an interesting discussion point

Jacob Barhak jacob.barhak at gmail.com
Thu Oct 6 12:36:38 PDT 2016

Greetings to all medical modelers on the list,

Here is a link to a video from a panel held by MDIC - Medical Device
Innovation Consortium

https://youtu.be/nd6mgqeSFww

The panel discusses how virtual patients and computer models can help
clinical trials.

The main message I got from the panelists is that virtual patents can help
reduce the number of patients needed for a clinical trial. I thought that
this is a good discussion point for the population modeling working group.

What other benefits you see computational models can contribute for
clinical trials or for medical devices?

I will appreciate you posting your thoughts to the mailing list, and feel
free to self advertise your own work.

                Jacob