[Population Modeling] Computational Modelling postdoc positions available Sweden

Katie Bentley katie.bentley at igp.uu.se
Mon Aug 21 05:53:35 PDT 2017

Hi all, I have two postdoc positions for computational modellers available in my Swedish lab that I think could suit people in groups from this list – I’d be very grateful if you could share with your groups, sorry for cross-posting!

I have two positions available for postdocs in my Swedish “Cellular Adaptive Behaviour” Lab working directly with some of the best vascular biologists in the world, who are also based in the same department at Uppsala University to build predictive simulations to go back and forth with their experiments. The projects focus on understanding how blood vessels grow and why they become abnormal and dysfunctional in many diseases such as cancer and blindness, with the ultimate aim to help develop novel therapeutic strategies.

The roles involve developing new spatiotemporal simulations (experience in individual-based modelling a definite plus) and creative collaborative problem solving, thus strong programming and communication skills are essential. Knowledge of the biology area is not expected, just a passion for learning new skills/areas! These positions provide a great opportunity to develop towards independence in cross-disciplinary research as the projects involve working with internationally leading researchers in this area and becoming part of a lab with two transatlantic locations (Boston University USA and Uppsala University Sweden, though these roles will primarily be based in Sweden, there will be many opportunities to travel).

Full job advert and application process: https://www.nature.com/naturejobs/science/jobs/621977-postdoc-position-in-computational-modeling

Do email me with any questions and please share with any other mailing lists/people who may suit this kind of position!

Thanks!

Katie Bentley

------------------------
Dr Katie Bentley