[Population Modeling] Introducing Myself (André Grow)

André Grow andre.grow at kuleuven.be
Mon Oct 9 02:59:32 PDT 2017

Dear Colleagues,
I have just joined the mailing list and hereby would like to briefly introduce myself, as requested in the instructions.

My name is André Grow and I am a member of the GENDERBALL project team at the Centre for Sociological Research of KU Leuven, Belgium (https://genderball.wordpress.com/). In the context of this project, I examine the implications of the shifting gender balance in education for reproductive behavior in Europe, mostly by means of agent-based computational modeling. Recently, we have published a book on agent-based computational modeling in population studies, which might be interesting for those who want to learn more about the method (http://www.springer.com/gb/book/9783319322810). A full list of my modelling-related work, also in other areas (e.g., social stratification, inequality, and small group behavior) can be obtained from my homepage (http://www.andre-grow.net/publications).

With kind regards,
André

André Grow

Postdoctoral Researcher
Centre for Sociological Research
KU Leuven
Parkstraat 45, bus 3601
BE-3000 Leuven, Belgium
Office SW 02.225
Tel. +32 16 323256
Fax +32 16 323365
E-mail: andre.grow at kuleuven.be<mailto:andre.grow at kuleuven.be>
Project website: https://genderball.wordpress.com/
Personal website: http://www.andre-grow.net/
Twitter: @grow_andre<https://twitter.com/grow_andre>

Check out our new book:
Grow, André and Van Bavel, Jan (Eds.). 2016. Agent-Based Modelling in Population Studies: Concepts, Methods, and Applications<http://www.springer.com/gb/book/9783319322810>. Springer Series on Demographic Methods and Population Analysis<http://www.springer.com/series/6449> (Vol. 41).
http://www.springer.com/gb/book/9783319322810