[Population Modeling] PyTexas

Jacob Barhak jacob.barhak at gmail.com
Mon Sep 11 01:25:49 PDT 2017

Greetings Python users,

Some of you use python for population modeling. There are many python
conferences you can present your work in, yet I wish to draw your attention
to PyTexas that will take place in Austin Texas on 18 November. See:
https://www.pytexas.org/2017/

I found this conference helpful in the past. Those of you who are using
python tools will find this useful as you can see from videos from 2015:
https://www.pytexas.org/2015/videos

Some of the tutorials such as the machine learning tutorial you will find
in 2015 are directly applicable to population modeling applications.

I know some of you are actually programming in python now and may have
important developments - please consider submitting your python work.

I hope to meet some population modelers here in Texas.

                 Jacob