[Vp-integration-subgroup] Does anyone have a contact in Singapore to verify some data?

Jacob Barhak jacob.barhak at gmail.com
Thu Apr 1 06:31:07 PDT 2021

Greetings subgroups,

With the help of William Waites we were able to contact a Singapore
Ministry of Health Official.

The official was not able to comment on the quality of data in:
https://co.vid19.sg/singapore/

To remind you, we tried to contact the data curators of this data multiple
times in different ways and were unable to do it. Therefore I
would personally classify this data source as "use at your own risk"
because:
1. There is no record on how this data was collected and if proper
procedures
2. There is no legal information on reuse of the data
3. The only entity listed cannot be contacted to answer queries about the
data
4. William found some defunct links

All of those elements are sufficient to put doubt regarding this data
source.

For those interested in using the Singapore COVID-19 data, the Singapore
Ministry of Health official pointed us to the official Singapore data
source:
https://www.moh.gov.sg/news-highlights/details/1-new-case-of-locally-transmitted-covid-19-infection_31_March_2021

You wil find a link there to historical data as well.

I will use this example as a data credibility test case and start a
discussion on data credibility - our models are based on data and verified
against data - the data sources should be as credible as possible and we
should perhaps discuss ways to assess credibility of new data. This is one
example and many others may follow in future years since data curation is
so easy today. I believe that addressing this issue in the subgroup will
help us create better models based on better data.

               Jacob