[Vp-integration-subgroup] [Vp-reproduce-subgroup] Does anyone have a contact in Singapore to verify some data?

Tingting Tang ttang2 at sdsu.edu
Thu Apr 1 22:56:42 PDT 2021

Hi, Jacob,

I create this figure using the data from the websites I mentioned. They are
numbers of new cases per day reported by these websites. I also noticed
that different websites sometimes have different meaning for "daily new
cases" which makes the matter even more confusing. The following website
contains this image
https://www.notion.so/Two-websites-with-consistent-data-where-one-draw-from-the-other-2e54d94d9d474c36837cb48327963ba7

I'd be happy to have a video chat sometime about the credibility of data.

Thanks,
Tingting

On Thu, Apr 1, 2021 at 9:02 PM Jacob Barhak <jacob.barhak at gmail.com> wrote:

> Hi Tingting,
>
> Did you create those plots?
>
> It would be very interesting to start another discussion topic at the
> credibility mailing list and see how many more people noticed differences
> between data sources.
>
> However, the maling list will reject archiving images and large files -
> its an old malign list tool we are using.
>
> Nevertheless, if you have a link to this image stored elsewhere accessible
> like google drive, it would be nice to share your experience with the
> working group.
>
> I was looking at your plot and data sources and was wondering if you are
> showing hospitalisation data or diagnosed data?
>
> It seems that data needs interpretation - Lucas and I are working on this
> aspect - if you are interested you can join the effort - I am looking for
> experts to interpret data from a human perspective to add to models. If
> this interests you, let me know and we will schedule a video call so I can
> better explain.
>
> Meanwhile, thank you for your email and it will be nice if you share this
> with the entire group.
>
>              Jacob
>

> On Thu, Apr 1, 2021 at 6:53 PM Tingting Tang <ttang2 at sdsu.edu> wrote:
>
>> Hi, Jacob,
>>
>> This example prompts me to link the credibility of data sources of some
>> websites I have been watching. In particular, I have been checking the
>> covid tracking data for imperial county, ca, for over a month at different
>> websites: local government (icphd.com), usa fact, 1point3acres.com,
>> california open data portal(
>> https://data.chhs.ca.gov/dataset/covid-19-hospital-data) etc.
>>
>> There seems to be quite a bit of inconsistency with these data sources in
>> case reporting. A quick glance of the comparison between california open
>> data portal and the usa fact data which claims they draw data from the
>> prior is shown below. You can ignore the labels as they are signifying the
>> loosen and tighten of the local government regulations.
>>
>> If you see fit I can provide more information to add this as another
>> issue with data consistency and credibility as well.
>>

>> [image: image.png]
>>

>> Thanks,
>> Tingting
>>

>> On Thu, Apr 1, 2021 at 6:31 AM Jacob Barhak <jacob.barhak at gmail.com>
>> wrote:
>>
>>> Greetings subgroups,
>>>
>>> With the help of William Waites we were able to contact a Singapore
>>> Ministry of Health Official.
>>>
>>> The official was not able to comment on the quality of data in:
>>> https://co.vid19.sg/singapore/
>>>
>>> To remind you, we tried to contact the data curators of this data
>>> multiple times in different ways and were unable to do it. Therefore I
>>> would personally classify this data source as "use at your own risk"
>>> because:
>>> 1. There is no record on how this data was collected and if proper
>>> procedures
>>> 2. There is no legal information on reuse of the data