[Vp-integration-subgroup] Another case study of data

Jacob Barhak jacob.barhak at gmail.com
Fri Apr 2 07:40:16 PDT 2021

Thanks Tingting,

Your email is about data consistency in another location, not necessarily
about Singapore data - so I started another email thread.

Just to clarify to the readers, you found 2 data sources with different
numbers.

Let us examine the issue here and I have a few questions:

1. Were those different infections / hospitalizations numbers?

2. Can you be specific and send the exact link to the data you used? I saw
many links in your first link.

3. Did you attempt to contact the sources of the data to figure out the
reasons for discrepancies?

The USA facts website states:
"they may not reflect the exact numbers reported state and local government
organizations"

So perhaps you just stumbled on some data that will be fixed later.

I am being cautious before jumping to conclusions. This has to be
studied in more detail to reach conclusions. However, I see your point that
the data consistency issue is confusing at the least.

I will set up time to meet in private email.

Thank you for drawing our attention to another case of potential data
issues.

           Jacob,