[Vp-integration-subgroup] [EXT] Re: Fletcher & Osborne's Seven Challenges (Re: White paper Revisions)

James Osborne jmosborne at unimelb.edu.au
Tue May 4 16:51:39 PDT 2021

Indeed the 6th Challenge is

"*how to develop standards and benchmarks for multicellular implementation
comparison*."

Which ties very well with the aims of the subgroup (and the white paper)
but there's only a few paragraphs on it in the paper due to space.

As the focus of this paper was multicellular simulations the main point was
the need for a set of "standard" multicellular problems which would allow
benchmarking of methods and or tools but also provide a basis for
specification as you would need to specify these standard problems with no
ambiguity allowing reproducibility.

James