[Vp-integration-subgroup] [Vp-reproduce-subgroup] White paper revision

Jacob Barhak jacob.barhak at gmail.com
Fri May 14 18:05:46 PDT 2021

Thanks John,

These are first impressions. You kept the important things unchanged - this
is important.

I personally like the title change - it gives a purpose and is much less
dry
I also like that you kept most of the topics intact - for some reason you
removed validation barriers - perhaps it should be indeed added to the end
of the paper in unresolved issues - we can discuss this.

My only concern is that you removed a lot of text contributed by multiple
authors - this will complicate reference adjustments, yet more importantly
it will remove whole ideas generated by people who contributed - we need to
address this somehow - perhaps we can talk about it on Monday.

I am indifferent about removing the process we went through and the working
group - if interesting, perhaps it can be added as an appendix. Yet I will
personally not miss those sections if they disappear. Yet I can see the
mess with the references already - I do not envy the person that needs to
fix it.

We will also need to integrate this with ideas Sheriff had in his version -
he also did some work we should incorporate

Yet this is a good start. Hopefully we can finalize this quickly, approve,
submit and move forward to solve those issues.

         Jacob

-