[Vp-integration-subgroup] [Vp-reproduce-subgroup] White paper revision

Jacob Barhak jacob.barhak at gmail.com
Sat May 15 14:14:06 PDT 2021

Sorry John,

There was no standard for text collected by contributors. There was also no
standard for references and initially those were added with numberings that
linked to contributor name since this was merged from 2 different documents
and added by many people.

Some references had defunct links and most did not have DOIs. It took a lot
of manual work to fix this,  not to talk about accounting that all
references are correct after renumbering - no system I know would have
handled this for you.

Moreover,  Cureus has its own reference entry system where each reference
needed to be added in a different form - this is done by hand through a web
interface,  so the submission process alone took 2 days - only filling the
forms - there was no way I know to bypass this. Yet the good news are that
at least now the references are accounted for and have working links / DOIs
recently checked. So it will be easier,  yet there are almost 100
references, so it will still take effort regardless of tools.

Any venue you target will have a different system you will need to
accommodate with style and references,  so I suggest that whoever proceeds
with modifications will find out the target venue format before moving
forward. Hopefully someone who submitted to this venue before and knows the
process. It may save a lot of effort.

And John,  please keep communications public on the list. If someone does
not like to get many emails,  they can control it and ask for a digest - it
is possible to control. So its ok sending this publicly.

For me its important that this process will be as transparent as possible.
Your question was relevant on how to proceed,  so I am making sure the
answer is public.

I hope it will help comprehend what are the next steps and their cost. I
look forward to see the zoom link for the meeting on Monday. I hope we get
things straightened then.

       Jacob