[Vp-integration-subgroup] [EXT] Re: White paper revision

William Waites wwaites at ieee.org
Tue May 18 13:19:55 PDT 2021

Winston, you have hit the nail on the head! Maybe we would want to think of two basic kinds of combination operator, loosely, one that composes in models series and one that does this in parallel. And maybe think of these as a coproduct and product in a monoidal category. As you say, specifying the object of that category precisely, and defining these operations properly to be able to get an algebra of models (for at least some kinds of model, and we do actually have this for some kinds) is the tricky bit.

I’d also like to contribute to #9 and also the one about stochastic models.

Cheers,
-w