[Vp-reproduce-subgroup] Assessing the Credibility of Computational Modeling and Simulation in Medical Device Submissions

John Rice john.rice at noboxes.org
Sun Dec 26 06:44:35 PST 2021

Ruchira, You are quick and so helpful. I knew this was coming and wanted before years end.  They did it!

(Someone?,  I’ve not read it all yet but this may need REPRODUCIBILITY added to definitions and maybe incorporated into the body to discuss modelers need to address it as a source of model model accreditation data. )

All,
This is stuff I’ve been trying to tell academics that they need to master and use routinely for any model that they might ever hope to be USEFUL to anyone other than themselves for fulfilling a grant deliverable requirement.  If the finding agencies don’t start some kind of accreditation evidence std for model product we will waste a lot of time and intellectual talent.
Will admit there MAY be some important “benefits” (new tools, techniques and even science discovery) in just modeling but funding sources must start distinguishing between funding modeling, and funding for useful models I.e. to provide new useable/applied knowledge or reusable/adaptable models as products.