[Vp-reproduce-subgroup] Fwd: Shayn Peirce-Cottler via Frontiers: Manuscript

Jacob Barhak jacob.barhak at gmail.com
Sun Oct 17 23:44:16 PDT 2021

Greeting white paper contributors,

Good news. The editor of the topic "Insights in Systems Biology: Multiscale
Mechanistic Modeling 2021" from Frontiers in Systems Biology - Multiscale
Mechanistic Modeling has returned an answer to our query about the
manuscript Marcella Submitted on our behalf.

You can find her concerns and our answer in the forwarded messages below. I
think they can be easily fixed if we can find agreement in the group.

Since little time was provided, I ask that the group will answer fast on
the desired course of action. We can easily address the concerns she raised
fairly quickly. However, I know many of you want more modifications. So
each one of the contributors will have to decide if the minimal changes
required will be ok for you to approve the manuscript for publication

If this is agreeable to all contributors  I will be happy to spend the time
and adapt the manuscript as requested.

Many of you wanted to revise the manuscript - now is a good chance to
introduce those new versions. Yet the work has to be done in reasonable
time, including the approval process.

To make things easier, I can personally commit time to transforming the
manuscript to the desired format and answer all requested changed -
However, I will do this only if I know there is no objection to this by any
of the listed contributors - so please respond quickly. I am raising this
topic for discussion before we start so contributors form their minds. I
can also introduce changes from the other 3 versions of the paper that are
traceable back to authors if this helps the group move forward  - The 3
versions are from Alex, Sheriff, and John - yet I will personally not
introduce any change that is not traceable back to an author on google docs
- please see how the editor is specific about authorship in the first
concern raised - hence my insistence of traceability.

If anyone else wants to commit time to quickly assemble a revised
manuscript that is traceable back to authors and matches the editors
comments, it is now time to step forwards and remember we have little time
to move forwards unless the editor grants us an extension. And note that
collecting approvals from such a large group also takes time - so revisions
should be done quickly regardless.

I will wait for a few days before taking any action to see what are the
opinions and ideas you may have to move this forward.

Hopefully we can quickly find common agreement.

I thank Marcella for taking the time to submit this to get a response.

              Jacob