[Vp-reproduce-subgroup] Follow-up of our publication in Frontiers with SCIPOD

Jacob Barhak jacob.barhak at gmail.com
Mon Oct 24 11:45:19 PDT 2022

Greetings paper contributors,

You may recall our paper:

   -

   Karr Jonathan, Malik-Sheriff Rahuman S., Osborne James, Gonzalez-Parra
   Gilberto, Forgoston Eric, Bowness Ruth, Liu Yaling, Thompson Robin, Garira
   Winston, Barhak Jacob, Rice John, Torres Marcella, Dobrovolny Hana M., Tang
   Tingting, Waites William, Glazier James A., Faeder James R., Kulesza
   Alexander. Model Integration in Computational Biology: The Role of
   Reproducibility, Credibility and Utility. Frontiers in Systems Biology, Vol
   2. 2022. *https://doi.org/10.3389/fsysb.2022.822606
   <https://doi.org/10.3389/fsysb.2022.822606>*

This paper attracted some attention and I received an email from  SCIPOD
about summarizing it in a podcast/video cast. You can find the publisher
here: https://www.scipod.global/

I believe this is a good idea and will reach a larger audience and increase
awareness of the problem and outreach.

I personally decided to create a videocast of my own disease modeling work
and in my own personal opinion, it may be worth doing the same for our
group paper.

Since there are 18 of us signed on the paper I cannot make a decision for
all of you. Therefore I am writing to you to see if you are interested in
amplifying our outreach and making a podcast or the paper.

Here is a link that explains what SCIPOD does and how it works:
https://drive.google.com/file/d/1eJGav0Y22mlpg2RF__51_oXFWyo6uLcY/view

I ask that you read this and then answer the following questions:

1. Are you interested in disseminating a podcast/videocast version of our
paper with SCIPOD ?

2. If you are interested, how do you suggest handling the publication fee?

3. Do you prefer a podcast or a videocast?  I am sending examples of
Video:
https://www.scipod.global/eric-hinterman-optimising-oxygen-production-on-mars/

Audio:
https://www.scipod.global/dr-jennifer-botha-analysing-bones-to-gain-insight-into-mammalian-evolution/

Feel free to open the discussion on this - I am just trying to see if there
is interest and how much. Once we get an idea how you all think, we can
figure out the next steps if there is interest.

Looking forward to your replies.

                 Jacob