[Vpcomorbidities-subgroup] Comorbidities subgroup (MSM Viral Pandemic).

Gilberto Gonzalez-Parra gilberto.gonzalezparra at nmt.edu
Sun Jan 3 09:27:10 PST 2021

I hope you are well.

This is the first email regarding the comorbidities subgroup (MSM Viral
Pandemic).

I suggest two goals for our group.  The first one is comorbidities related
to the COVID pandemic. I think COVID research is quite important. The
second one, is understanding why we have these particular comorbidities.
This is a more challenging goal.

You can  invite people working in this area.

The plan could be.

1. Collect some information and data related to the goals.
2. Prepare a first  paper related to the first goal. Even a review paper
would be useful. Other option is to find or analyze some surprising
comorbidities related to COVID. For instance some people are surprised why
obesity is a factor in the Covid death rate.
3. Prepare a second paper related to the understanding of the different
comorbidities related to Covid.  For instance to explain (math model ?)
why obesity is a factor in the Covid death rate.

Let us know if you have more ideas.

Best,
Gilberto C. Gonzalez-Parra, Ph.D in Applied Mathematics.
Faculty of the Mathematics Department
New Mexico Tech, NM, USA.