[Population Modeling] Discussing the Population Modeling panel in SummerSim

Jeljer Hoekstra jeljer.hoekstra at rivm.nl
Fri Jan 22 09:56:00 PST 2016

Dear all,

I was invited by Jacob Barhak to join your mailinglist because I expressed
an interest in the population modeling panel in Summersim.
Let me first introduce myself a little. I am a researcher at RIVM, the
dutch national institute on heath and the environment. We are developing a
microsimulation model of the Dutch population on the prevelence of several
diseases and associated risk factors. The next few months we will be
estimating parameters by calibrating the model on data of  cohort study
that ran the last 25 years and for which data was measured every 5 year.
I think you can see where my interest in the panel lies.

In regard to the points Jacob raised.

1. Topic: given the small introduction you'll be not suprised that I am
especially interested in estimation of model parameters as the distinction
Stefan made.

2..  Short seperate paper with a common prefix would work well I think

3. I don't have a particular preference for A, B or C. But I would like to
have some time to discuss what methods people have used,

best wishes
Jeljer

Proclaimer RIVM http://www.rivm.nl/Proclaimer