[Vp-integration-subgroup] Another case study of model integration

William Waites wwaites at ieee.org
Tue Mar 30 11:47:01 PDT 2021

> 2. Determine that Recovery / incubation models cannot be reused currently since the data source that made the data available is not responding and did not specify usage terms. I asked assistance from this mailing list to contact the entity responsible for the data in this message: https://lists.simtk.org/pipermail/vp-integration-subgroup/2021-March/000043.html
> If you can help, please respond.

It doesn’t look like Upcode Academy is actually the source of the data — it’s some guy running a website and an on-line software development business, who also wants to sell you a dashboard for "your country". I think he must be getting the data from elsewhere.

What is special about this particular data source? Can you describe it specifically?

(Generic point: for each data source, describe it properly, annotate it with metadata… Do we need a data catalogue? This will come up repeatedly.)

Note that for academic work, though fair use rules vary throughout the world and we might not have to worry so much about copyright, we do typically have to worry about ethics, privacy, consent, etc. This is data about people after all. Depending on what’s in it, that may need to be considered.

Cheers,
-w