[Vp-integration-subgroup] White paper Revisions

Jacob Barhak jacob.barhak at gmail.com
Mon May 3 14:55:38 PDT 2021

Hi John,

You are more than welcome to rejoin the effort and introduce editing.
However, Voting will continue since people can change their votes and
change venues until the deadline. People who voted have to understand the
implications of their vote - they themselves need to act - no one will do
it for them.

Yet I agree it is good to have a discussion. In fact, this is what we were
doing for a while when this paper was initially formed - look at the many
versions and the comments by many people on the original documents - this
was our discussion.

We will not know the venue to format to after the deadline, yet until then
we are welcome to suggest ideas. The only thing I ask is to be efficient
and not waste time - there is a reason I imposed deadlines - this can go on
forever. Remember that our fall back is the last consensus point if we do
not reach unanimous consensus within approximately 4 weeks. In other words,
unless we act, we waste 4 weeks.

Discussion is welcome , yet I suggest avoiding style related topics such as
"belong in a peer reviewed scientific piece" - style is subjective and in
the eyes of the beholder. Notice that in the paper we actually criticize
the peer reviewed scientific Journals that publish non-reproducible science
and Sheriff can tell you how many corresponding authors return an answer to
queries to papers they published in scientific literature - so let us
please focus on what is important and do it in a timely manner. In 4 weeks
it will be about half a year after we started - if we cannot reach
consensus in that time period, it implies something about us as a group.
Hopefully we all understand this.

So I suggest starting to act. The sooner the better.

              Jacob